Mylapore festival, Trichur Pooram, Airlines, Covid and Self discipline..????

 


Mylapore festival is on. Baba temple is crowded on Thursdays..there is not an inch of space in Mylapore. In my native place temples are holding their annual festivals and Trichur Pooram is going to be hosted too. 

Politicians and ruling governments in these states are keeping mum due to fear of losing vote. Airlines are finally pulling up their socks. I remember flying #Indigo airlines and I had requested the air hostess to remind my fellow passenger to put on the shield as I felt unsafe. With a cold stare she said it is a personal choice. Piff!! 

It is with continued amazement that I witness people flouting norms and fearlessly thronging places of worship where there is no space or effort taken to maintain physical distancing. Cops stand staring helplessly at the milling crowds. 

Of course I am part of groups where there is a lobby who bring out intellectual reports that vaccine is not needed, distancing and masks are not needed etc. Such groups are present in every nation. 

All these behaviours fascinate me. 

Self discipline, empathy?



Comments