Forwards... our duties and responsibilities

 


Whatsapp is huge in my country especially among my generation. It has become integral to our communication.

Yet it is interesting to note how less personal communication is. Since ancient times, my fellow countrypersons are known for their gupshup, tea shop banter, coffee house musings, harmless unproductive noisy chatter. It is also fascinating how this has been transferred onto digital/ virtualmedia as 'forwards'. 

Yet there is a difference. When we sit across each other and in a public space, we are far more conscious of our actions and words. Behind the 'cloud' we gain a powerful gargantuan ego. Or we develop the ostrich stuck with its head in the pot ego.

Empathy, conscious action, apology have taken a beating. I got aware when some of my forwards were questioned or a different perspective was brought forth. I have learnt to be more conscious before clicking on the forward button. I am still learning. 



Comments