Driving, autonomy and diffidence




 I am not a great driver. My favorite comment begins so and ends with I just drive! Thanks to my son who motivated me to learn driving so that I would be independent. And I enjoy being so..

Now I am going to change this thought and the words. I am getting there .. this will be my quote now on. I love it when I drive alone for I learn deeply from my mistakes. With no backseat drivers and comments I feel so liberated. 

Recently I also realised how much opposition is there when I have to take my car to a new place or use a new route. It makes one so diffident. I am pretty cautious myself; I am not comfortable driving in the night and prefer driving to places where I know I can park comfortably. 

Coming back to opposing voices-take the driver; it is election time and there could be a traffic jam.. 

Last Sunday I took a new route; to a new place in spite of the dissenting voices. I then realised it was about me listening to them. I have a choice not to. 

Comments

Unknown said…
So beautiful! More power to you ❤️