Netaji would roll in his grave...

Of late it has become a style statement to announce one's personal celebrations like birth/engagement/marriage/death on huge flex banners/hoardings. Each of these are endorsed with pictures and symbols of various political parties. I wish the government would do something about them. All these are made of non biodegradable materials. It is visual pollution and distraction too.
It is strange that we advise the youth against posting pictures on public portals and yet these families post pictures of their daughters ( attained puberty!!) so publicly.
How is it that suddenly there is a grip of power ? Is there too much money to flout?
Today I cam across the posters of a young couple to be soon married alongside a particular person ( whom I do not wish to reveal as I want to live) and few others alongside Netaji! Definitely Netaji would not have wanted to be used like this. But then who cares?
As a student of history my heart burned, my eyes flamed up and my tongue thickened. Tears of grief and shame swelled up.
What have we reduced ourselves to be? Even great revolutionaries are not spared. They are pulled up to model alongside us ordinary mortals..
I wonder when the flex wars will stop. I wonder...


Comments