Exercise and me

We have shared a tumultuous relationship. Right now we are in love. I love to hit the gym.. be it 20 min or 35 min or 45 or 60 min .. the last slot is very rare tho!

Often people have commented on their dislike for the gym. My friends prefer tai chi/ yoga ( I too like yoga), pilate, aerobics, zumba, salsa to going to the gym. They say it is very mundane and boring.

I have tried out yoga- which I do give due respect and credit- and aerobics. I hated aerobics. The instructor wasn’t kind. I hate math so counting steps, asking my brain to turn left and right was tortuous for me. I was the clumsy oaf in the class and it was not easy.

Actually I liked yoga so much because the instructor was a gem! Kudos to teachers!

At the gym, I am on my own. The trainer does peep in to see if I am on the move! I do not have to count. The machine does it. I relax. I speed up and slow down at my will. Music may blast. I am in my own world. Sometimes I listen to audio books on audible ( thanks to ear plugs). But most often I allow several thoughts to drift. Thoughts enter, argue, pacify, observe and play. I am happy. I get most productive in the thinking world. I run, i jog, I walk, I cycle – heavenly.. hmm the serotonin is working.

As long as everyone is moving and active, doing their own bit of exercise it is going to be a healthy world…

Comments