Do I want it vs Do I need it?

We battle with these 2 questions almost every day. I have reduced my shopping to a large extent. Every time I want to buy something I put across these questions to myself. Of course a mini war goes on between my body /heart and mind. I argue and counter argue. I had tried several methods previously to keep a check on my spending. This method is foolproof.
Inevitably the mind being the rational creature wins. If you are in doubt about who is answering you- the heart or mind- all you have to check is who gives the quickest answer. Obviously is would be the heart. Then do remember that there is no quick way to success. Hence you have enough evidence to disown the heart here. Follow your rational self. It is indeed tough but then which path of goodness and success has been easy? Gradually it would become a habit and the questions would pop into your mind when you are faced with spending/buying !!

Comments