Oct 24th
Today we had to do the 'micro teaching 'presentation! We had to take a lesson for 15 minutes in our native language. English should not be used strictly. So I decided to teach in Tamil. Ha ha! it's an irony as its not my native tongue but I feel more at home in Tamil than in Malayalam. So I taught 'my class' a rhyme in Tamil.It was good learning and great fun too. We learnt many a language today ranging from French, Spanish, Ukranian, A sengalese dialect to Bengali...It was interesting to note that the person whom I thought would not present well actually did a wonderful job. It is definitely not easy to teach!! The ones who appeared to be smart could not communicate as the shy Bangladeshi friend of mine. She stunned me! Her teaching was so effective.She used such simple method and simple language. Effective communication is the key!!!

Post noon
Had lunch very leisurely at the cafeteria.Had thought provoking conversation with Tim Bayne.
Got back to the hotel and slept for almost two and a half hours. Ah! the pleasure of siesta!!!
In the evening my friend and I had steak and baby ribs at a local joint.

Comments