Oct 16
Today it was exciting to note the palpable excitement at school. Teachers and students were on a natural high as its the weekend. The mood infiltrated into me too. I was skipping ,literally, at the end of the day.
We had the students doing research on the member nations of the European Union. I am holding a MOCK EU on monday so they are preparing for it.

I also distributed 'jeera mithai' to the students. Some liked it ans few did not. Surprisingly boys liked it better than girls.
Post noon we had a session wit hDell Harnisch. We were divided into groups to do a presentation o nany of the cultural events that we had attended here. So we chose to enact the Union Coll dinner( where we dressed in our national costume and showcased our country) . I was chosen the leader of the group by my team members. We had hardly practised but gave a great show. Each one of us sang/ danced/ talked on how we had perceived the evening thro seeing/hearing/tasting/ smelling/touching.
So Devika had a mde a song on 'hearing'. Jean had a rap number on what we 'saw'. Abel had a poem on 'smell'. Sharada on 'taste' and me on feel. I too did it in rap style .I was inspired by the poetry session I witnessed at school. The boys and girls had written their own poems and recited it. It was free style and it was awesome. One boy brought out his guitar to recite!!!

By 6 pm we were back at the hotel. We were busy doing nothing. In fact this is a stress buster!!!
In fact its diwali back home .Missing home... I don't celebrate but I am wishing that I am back home!!!

This morning I had a long chat with my young friend John..


Comments