RRR- such dumbness

 

Mistake 1- I went to the theatre wasting money.

Mistake 2- late night show

Mistake 3- I went with higher expectations than the reviews I read- after all the baahubali man cant go that wrong! Oh yes he did.

I thought Telugu movies have gone past the stage where 'fired' bullets are stopped and caught by hand. 

Rajamouli seems to have been caught up in his dream of just presenting visuals  without bothering about a plot or editing. 

Now please- all of you dear audience do not ever root for an Oscar and be disappointed. 

Like me, several have gone with curiosity (thanks to the teasers) to watch and the result- raked in enough money for the /director/actors/producers which is also much needed; utter disappointment to movie buffs like me.

Good actors ( I  actually liked junior NTR; Ram Charan reminded me of a beefed up Nivin Pauly😅 ) and excellent dance choreography and two songs (sung by the little girl and Komaru bheem)- are the only highlights. The actors have worked hard to get the sculpted and younger look. They have used high intensity dance steps. The buck stops here.

Baahubali was a fairy tale with royalty hence imagined reality was possible and understandable.. This is supposed to be a period drama. Some amount of realism ought to have been there. Such thoughtless , laughable scenes!!! Did Rajamouli really do this film? Have we put him on a pedestal?

The plot seems to have been adjusted to suit the male actors-when this happens the plot does go awry. 

Editing is bad. 

What struck me most rather hit me was that the audience was clapping for these stars, yet did not bother to clap for the visuals of Netaji and other freedom fighters. This was because no sentiment was evoked. People were brain dead and waiting till the screen closed down (me included)perhaps waiting for a miraculous turn. 

I do not hesitate to call out to the 'master'. Of course he is happy as he has raked in enough moolah for the next blockbuster. 

May I request you to consider taking a break and bring out a movie worthy of the accolades you have won. 


Comments