#Google meet - how to see your audience while presenting using PowerPoint

 For this particular batch of students I was asked to 'buy' Zoom pro account. To buy for amere 15 days... well the 'frugal me' thought otherwise. I have been using Google meet regularly since lockdown now. I am happy with Google Meet. I send feedback regularly in the hope that the company would improve. 

I particularly love the 'blurred background' one can have. There are two levels of blurs that on ecan choose. So the effort of running around the house to see a quiet corner or to find a proper neat wall is done away with. And our image does not dance or have the wavy edge like in zoom ( even when we add good resolution display)

One night before my first class, I googled to find out on viewing my students while presenting. There are several and I found this one that works for me. So thank you to the teacher who had put it up. I did not add the google grid extension as mentioned because it asked for my PAN!! I experimented this way.

1. Open your PowerPoint. Click on Slideshow.

2. Click on Set up slide show.

3. A sub window opens. Click the second option- open in individual window.. Select this. The advantage is you can then view your ppt as slideshow presentation with all the animations and it would fit any sized window.  

4. Open google meet. Select present in' window' mode. Remember to keep your Powerpoint running..So you can select. 

5. Now google meet and PPt would open up alongside. You can view both and use it without having to minimise either. A panel of your students can be seen too.  So I felt good. 

Yes, some may feel zoom is better, clarity is better, the ease of navigation etc. It is a matter of habit. A big thanks to Google for giving us this free until now. And well for better features etc institutions are buying the paid version.

For freelancers like me, it gets the job well done. 







Comments