Bad experience with #OYO

 Recently I had used OYO to book a hotel room. I was impressed when I got through a customer service rep who helped me out. He asked me to advance an amount of Rs.225. I received the acknowledgment for the same.  My travel plans changed and I cancelled the room asap. 

I received a message saying that I would be refunded Rs.126 against the advance amount of Rs. 225/- . Puzzled I tried their number innumerable times. I was asked to dial a number which gets cut off when we press the required extension number. I could not reach any human who could explain why Rs.99 was deducted. The customer reps who talk to us while booking handle ONLY booking services.   I understand this aspect. But why is there no human regarding cancelling. Finally one smart rep (after several pleas) mentioned that the Rs99 was against a membership (OYO club ) which was NEVER mentioned to me. I was never asked if I wanted to become a member. The amount is small. But this is about INFORMED CONSENT.

So is this howOYO makes up for the lost money or to line the pockets of its founders?

Comments