RIP Tony Bourdain

It was with great shock I heard of the death of Anthony Bourdain. My cousin wa so upset. He had a special bond with Tony. Tony Bourdain has visited my cousin’s restaurant in the UK. He shared a camaraderie with my cousin. So much so he even visited our native village Thrikariyoor off Kothamanagalam in Ernakulam district. He savoured the delicious food prepared by my aunt. I remember my aunt commenting on his humility. Such a great chef, a master storyteller and globe trotter!  He had everything going for him. At least that is what we thought. Maybe he had and maybe he didn’t.
The human mind is so fragile. Our body is a miracle,our brain a greater miracle but our mind. Where is the mind , what is it? From the time Homo sapiens evolved many a philosopher, spiritualist, guru, poet, scientist and psychologists have tried to unravel the mind. The quest goes on.
Tony’s death- I take the liberty of calling him so as he touched my life indirectly by sharing a slice with my relatives- is a reminder to us. We know not of others, we know not of ourselves.

Comments