Rajinikanth is an emotion

After three decades I went to watch my super star’s movie on the first day at the once popular theatre Albert. It is always a ritual watching movies of super stars in my city. This time fans, including our group ( my bestie was forced to adhere), donned black.
The movie was screened an hour late. Amidst the stench of broken sewage and merry drunkards, the atmosphere was that of a festival. It was amusing to see the triumphant movie watchers of the previous show walking down the steps as if they had Sen the super star in person. They were greeted with loud cheers. No one asked their opinion of the movie lest they hear anything negative. Flop or hit all we’re here to cheer the star. It is an experience watching Rajini films at Albert. Nostalgia hit me.
So we finally got our seats that have seen better days. I felt sad seeing the dilapidated theatre. In this land of crazed fans couldn’t we get a decent experience?
The opening credits began with loud cheer and claps. The excitement mounted and exploded with the entry scene of Super star. From then on it was a haze of claps and cheer till the end. The movie was not a reflection of his past glory. I was my college going self hooting and rooting for him.  The director has his stamp all over. It is indeed humbling to note that super star is a director’s actor. His style and black outfit rocks. The movie could have seen better editing. I wish the director had thrown in a few punch dialogues for the fans. Maybe you would not like the movie if you watch it at home and alone.
Watching among fans at Albert is an experience of a kind. Rajinikanth is an emotion. And only Chennaities will understand!! 

Comments