New year learnings

It has been a long time since I have blogged. Happy new year to all. I am always excited about the ending of a year and the beginning of a new one.
Spending time with close family and friends:
I have been spending New Years' eve at my parents place with family and friends. I have never regretted the experiences too. It is cozy and worthwhile. I would not trade this for anything else.

Sharing knowledge and books:
Work began after a 10 day relaxing Xmas vacation. I had given a book titled ,'So good they can't ignore you' by Cal Newport to a student. I always share my book learnings/ books with my students. This time I asked the student to share the learnings. There was pin drop silence as all were listening so attentively. He gave such a fantastic talk giving the learnings ,bite-sized to his classmates. I mentioned to my colleague proudly that he outshone his teacher. The joy of reading, sharing doubled for me.
We processed the learnings at the end of the class.

Thank you son:
I have to thank my son for sharing such valuable books with me on audible.

It had been an eventful 2016 some tragic moments, some joyous ones. Life is indeed so exciting. Cheers 2017!


Comments