Car puncture and stories

This morning as I drove to work I heard a metallic clang and I thought I had banged my car against some stone or pillar. I did not stop to look because the lane was too narrow and traffic would have piled up if I had stopped. Also I had to be punctual to work so I carried on as if nothing had happened. Many bikers were turning and looking at my car. No one pointed or said anything. So I drove blissfully for almost a kilometer till a good samaritan pointed out that I had a puncture. Immediately I veered the car to safety. A helpful auto-rickshaw driver took me to a few shops that would repair a puncture. One soul accompanied me back in the auto. He did the needful. He was dropped off in the auto. Before leaving he gave me some helpful tips too.

In the evening I got the car tyre checked and I had to spend quite an amount because the 1 km extra drive had costed my tyre!. 

Sigh it has been an eventful day- punctured tyre and punctured purse. Costly ;earning. Yet I am grateful that I found a helpful auto driver, a mechanic and that everything went off without much time being wasted. Back home I found a young enthusiastic mechanic to do the needful repairs too. An eventful but a lovely day.

Comments