What happens when you refuse to grow...

 

I was conversing with a family member on trivial matters. Interestingly on any given day, the most basic conversation ends up on a sour note for the other person. The characteristics of a person who refuses to have a growth mindset are :

I am always correct.

I am always not a bother.. I always sacrifice.

I have no desires.. ( when there is plenty within)

Nobody wants me...

nobody respects me..

I should not be alive.. one should not outlive one's spouse etc  

my god  I should not open my mouth hereafter as whatever I say is faulty

why this change (if the change is positive) now.. you never used to... 

I, I, I ... 

It is obviously always about 'I". 

It is also fascinating to note how such people can view the most normal, ordinary situation or conversation in the utmost negative manner.. It is not enough that they view it so, they also have to tell it out.. It is after all about how the "I" felt. 

One can detect jealousy, low esteem, bitterness, sarcasm and plenty of other negative emotions and thoughts. They thrive on comparing themselves or their situation with that of others.

Such persons enjoy the melodrama and manage to weave the whole drama about and around themselves. 

 They can never enjoy the present. They can never appreciate or be grateful for what they have. 

This would reflect on their physical and mental well-being.

It is of course a CHOICE they make. `



Comments