Life hack - acceptance is key

 I had written about my security  Gnanasundar sometime ago. he passed away peacefully in December 2021. His son continues to work for us. I miss his presence. he used to take full ownership of the apartment complex.  

Now I have to grapple with lots of loose ends as I take care of the maintenance of the complex. Sundar was my left and right hand. Though I knew his time was short-lived I had not attempted to learn where the motor switch was/how to switch on and off the generator etc. I have to know so I can teach/inform the current security guards. I was getting irritated this morning that the new guard did not know. I paused my behaviour. 

 I was irritated now that Sundar did not pass down the info. I realized I was actually irritated that I had not attempted to 'know'. I had tried to close my mind to his oncoming death. I felt if I did not think of it he would miraculously survive and be with us longer. I had not accepted the situation. I had not prepared myself for the 'death' of a person and thereafter. 

Comments

Aarthi Bharath said…
We have been so conditioned to not talk of something that might even hint at pain, suffering, or loss. Being in denial seems to be an easy way to take rather than accept what is an eventuality and plan for the road ahead. It is like we are happy to not open the door that is right in front of us. Acceptance of 'What is' helps us progress, open that door, and step further on the path, beyond, carrying with us memories of what we just passed by.