My friend called me on my landline!

 



This may sound very weird to many of you.. My landline phone rang! The call was for me.. I was surprised because only my spouse makes a call if my cell phone chooses not to respond due to weak signal. So hearing a female voice asking for me sounded incredulous. It was my classmate from Delhi. I hooted with joy at the unexpectedness of her calling me and that too on my landline.. I was actually thrilled.. Brought back nostalgia.. Of course she wasn't aware that she had this number stored under my name.. 

This number was chosen with care by my father. We were privileged to have the first landline phone with STD and ISD in our street. Neighbours would come to make or receive calls. As with any technology, this phone was not available easily; it took months to get one and calls were expensive. One particular neighbour would make STD calls without informing us. It was annoying and embarrassing because the calls were expensive. We could actually use physical locks or use a number lock. Does it not sound hilarious?

In today's scenario my BSNL landline works better than my airtel (@airtel) connection. There is no signal issue.

It makes me sit or stand at one place helping me focus on the call. 

So thank you friend... 


Comments