Group dynamics..

 

This morning in a social media group I had congratulated a young lady who has taken up an honorary position.. Congratulatory wishes poured in.. Till one person deemed such messages as 'spam'. It jolted everyone out of those brief moment of happiness.  English language has a name for such people- wet blankets. 

It is often noted how people can be reluctant in wishing heartily or being genuinely happy for another. 

I wonder of course what could have triggered the person in question. It gave me perspective of being more empathetic. We are work in constant progress. Self awareness literally can take a lifetime.. Why not begin with small steps? What is triggering me- is a fantastic question to ask oneself and get on to the path of self reflection.

 My GSE(Rotary)trip to USA in 2000 made me awaken to a fresh perspective- of reaching out to others genuinely. It set me free. 


Comments