To be vaccinated or not... shakespearean anxiety

 



Covid Vaccine hesitancy  I would recommend this particular video. 

Thanks to alearningaday for posting about this video. 

I am no expert. Yet from what is gathered from affected families of close friends - doctors are truly wondering why the concerned family has not vaccinated ... Vaccinated means you are 80 percent safer' lesser need for that 'bed' which can be used by a needier person.. 

Patients are sitting around, lying around on hospital floors- first hand information from affected members. 

My friend's husband kept postponing; so did my friend.. now they are feeling dismal.. she ran from pillar to post for an icu bed..  the private ambulance fleeced her as the govt ambulances were not available.

She managed to get a bed in a hospital endorsed by her community and went in with some recommendation.. 

Yet another friend says she understands the pain but is not vaccinated as yet. It has not stopped her from helping others etc etc..

Philosophy and religion and alternate healing are all great anchors.. Yet when God and the universe sends help through those deserving scientists who have toiled day and night to get us a vaccine why are we not stopping to listen... 

It is understandable when the uneducated claim the myths to be truth.. When the educated ones who are hearing and seeing do not, then this human behaviour piques me, pains me.... News from  my city, my street and my circle of friends.. Everyday I hear of friends and acquaintances being affected..  

Is it not our civic duty to get vaccinated. Is it not our ethical concern? Is it not just simple common sense..  self love?? love and empathy to family members.....

I am just bewildered as ever..

Comments