Dear Friend I'm grateful.....

 

It is with a heavy heart that I pen these lines.. My friend succumbed to COVID this morning.. He had just turned 60. It is a recent friendship. He was part of the Training fraternity I worked with..

For he's a jolly good fellow--- that was him.. In floral printed shirt, glinting eyes and a big grin he won all of us over. 

In the last two weeks that he was at the hospital, I connected with him. He was unable to speak. I sent him voice messages.. I wanted to do something to cheer him up. I asked him if I could read a story or a poem. 

It is thanks to him that I revisited the poems I grew up learning at high school. With great excitement I found my favourite poems.. and I read them out.  

I am grateful to you my friend.. you kept inspiring me till the last minute.. May you rest in peace.. 

Comments