Family Breakfast.. happiness comes in small packages

 


Today, after ages, my family sat down for an impromptu breakfast together... It was a simple meal yet so wonderful.. We sat down together, enjoyed the meal and chatted casually about the crispiness of the vadai, the tasty coconut chutney and the steaming coffee all served hot by our ever smiling cook..

 I was amazed at the joyful feeling and  the wonder that coursed through me.. We are just three members and we eat at different times.. The only meal I try to have together is the sunday lunch with my spouse.. My mother does not join.. So this was a special morning.. Mom, spouse and myself sat and had a meal together... 

Such a satiated feeling it left in me and I shared this happiness with few others.. it struck me how much we miss out these little moments in our daily life... It is indeed a privilege and blessing to have meals together... happiness lies in  such moments.. 

Comments