I voted... Kudos to the Electoral Commission

 

I was biding time to go at noon to cast my vote. I wanted to avoid the crowds. However I left on hearing that the my street's booth was practically empty. The process was so smooth and well organised. Really impressive. due to the pandemic, more centres have been opened; ladies and gents were assigned separate booths. I came out in less than a minute. 

The EC has a mammoth task to ensure a free and fair election. It is a thankless job too.Mostly school teachers and govt officials are accorded the most basic amenities to perform their duties. The para military and police do such a great task in taking care of the discipline. In spite of the numbers and the dreaded heat they are so courteous. They literally sit on the those dirty floors to have lunch. Timing was extended this time as one hour  was kept aside for Covid patients to cast vote. 

Election campaigning and now the counting of votes- it is like a festival here. All would be glued to the media for all the melodrama. 

I love this period. I devour the news. My summer is going to be fun.


Comments