Ustad Hotel - learnings for educators

Ustad Hotel

I have seen this movie several times and it has never failed me. Each time I watch the movie I fall in love with it again and again. 
This time it opened my eyes to my profession. 
The grandfather in the movie does not teach anything directly to his grandson. He just puts him on the path. The grand son learns. 
The grandfather is a role model himself. But he shows the grandson other role models.

Highlights for educators from the film:
1. Be the role model you want to fashion your students. Children imitate what we do and not what we say. 
2. Be selfless in sharing knowledge. 3. Be selfless in acknowledging stalwarts and colleagues who have expertise in their domain. 
4. Make your student thinkers and not merely doers. 
5. Question  your 'why' time to time.

Each morning as I wake up my energy and mood is so high and positive as I set out for school. The very thought of entering the portals of my workplace and looking forward to being with my students sends high voltage of excitement. 
This is my 26th year of work. I thoroughly enjoy today as I did on my first day of work.

Comments