Hey I Am DIFFERENT

A 'different' girl, a 'different' mom, 'me'

I am always amused when people
Judge my capabilities as a mom, as a teacher, spouse....
And this happens often. 

I am different. I have always challenged the fixed mindset and conventions. I am outspoken and have a mind of my own. 


Hence I am looked at with amusement or cynicism. I am either derided or gossiped about. Adults don't know to handle me. Men thank their stars that their spouse is not like me. 

Just the other day I was offered a role of a dysfunctional mom in a short film. Immediately someone commented that the role would suit me- not because I act well but because I am not the so called 'conventional' person.!!!!!

How easy it is to be patronising. 
How noble it is to accept individuals as they are. 
Shake off the yoke people. 

Comments