I am thankful

I am thankful for so many reasons. As I walked down the corridors of a school for the orphans, I was struck with gratitude. Gratitude for the life I have. So many of us do not realize the value of being born on the right side of the street. We have taken for granted our parents, home, school, friends, lifestyle etc. We do not know what actual struggle means- struggle to eat, dress, exist. Struggle to be cared for- the most luxurious yet the most simple to give and get.

I hurt my hand as I walked through the garden and scraped off a teeny weeny bit of skin on two of my fingers. Ouch how it hurts even now. The wounds cringe when water hits them. Hence I have been trying to use just one hand while doing the daily chores. As I fretted and fumed, my mind flash backed on the school and its orphan students. I felt ashamed.
So how do I help? How can I help? I want to help.. so many questions from many friends. It is indeed a beautiful feeling to reach out in some way to the underprivileged.
A few of us friends and family have come together and started Help2Grow. Do let us know how we can help you to help others. Let us begin by sharing just 1 % of our pocket money/ salary.

Comments