I helped an elderly couple cross the road..

This evening I walked to my lending library ( yes we have a few book lending libraries left in my city). I saw an elderly couple walking a few steps ahead of me. The wife was walking with the support of a stick. The husband was holding her other hand. The road was busy with motorists honking and bikes whizzing past.
A man from the opposite side slowed down his bike on seeing the couple , smiled at them and even told them to take their time and walk slow. This biker waited patiently. I was so motivated by this action. On reaching the cross roads I slowed down my pace and helped them to cross the road. They were so thankful that I was embarrassed.
Doing a small act of help can leave us so invigorated. Would you also please look around to do your bit ?

 

Comments