#rape of an actor, We are with you dear actor

It is with shock and outrage that I heard the news of this Malayalam actor who was molested by people known to her in the same industry. We hear of several incidents ofabuse. But why did this tear into my heart? it is because I like this actor. She is like the girl next door. Celebrities lives aren't private. We are so privy to their lives that we feel connected to them.

Thankfully no stupid male has dared to comment about her work, dress, behaviour etc.
When such atrocities take place, it is the comments of thoughtless selfish males in power, in the society that is most painful.

Recently a politician commented that women ought to be like parked cars! They should be parked inside homes; if they come out they are bound to get scratches and dents! Imagine us having elected leaders like this!

Why don't men sit inside the houses so that we can roam freely!
When o when
Will I be able
To wear what I want
Talk what I want
Do what I want
Roam where I want
Just be myself
Just be myself....

Comments