Gym por favor

 




Health and fitness is everyone's pet topic and nightmare. In my caseI like to experiment with various forms of exercise, the most popular being the gym and yoga. Both these suit me well and my ambidextrous self. 

I have not had happy experiences with my aerobic instructor. She just could not understand why I found rhythm and the concept of right/left so hard. She would also use racist slur on the 'south indian body type/ rice eating type etc. it was very de motivating. 

I figured out very late in life, thanks to my dance teacher- yes I did join a classical dance class. The teacher was patient and a keen observer. She pointed out that being a left handed person who was forced into being right handed, I had this confusion. Whoa that was an eureka moment for me. I almost teared up as I had a better understanding of myself. 

In between all such stunts I do moderate walking to maintain some amount of fitness. My body hit a plateau with walking. I entered into a comfort zone so it took me a while to decide to hit the gym. 

I joined one near home. Fortunately the instructor is a gentle giant. He is intuitive and motivating. He is also a good observer and helps me correct my posture. He is patient with my mis-step too. 

Joining the gym makes me realise how many muscle groups I do not use in my daily life. I love the pain as it tells me that I am working my forgotten muscles and is helping me get fitter.

A mix of gym, yoga, walking and intermittent fasting keeps me going. And it is gym time now...


Comments