Death Snatch


Death stalked in his heart
He gave a shrug,
Death tightened its grip
He never did worry,
Death ate into his veins
He intoxicated his blood!
Death gave a blow
He lay stiff 'n' cold.

 

On the death of a close friend:

I heard the news and I was shell shocked. I had just spoken to him a week ago. Every time it was he who called me on my birthday and all special occasions. I took his calls for granted and even joked about them. This year he forgot my birthday, I think. I waited for months to make an attempt to return the innumerable calls he had made. I picked up the phone and dialled. He was shocked and surprised that I had called. We exchanged news of all and sundry. As usual he ended the call saying that he would like to meet me someday soon and talk a lot. He had lots to tell, he said. I took it for granted as I had always done and mumbled ok .

Today he is no more. The calls will never come. 

Comments