Back from the dead

I lay decomposed and dead,
A light guided me into a tunnel
My soul soared above the Himalayas
And watched Planet earth below
My life in the rewind
Gorging on junk food
Partying on highs
Smoking and drying the lungs...
Unkind words hurled at kith 'n' kin
Indifference wrapped as blanket
Cynicism and sarcasm my weapons
At work and home
Stagnant cesspools I had created
Anger, jealousy and violence
In my blood and lymph...
Dark and viscous my brain had become
And into the hell hole I succumbed...

I cried and wept and begged for mercy
I crawled around in pain
Redemption came and I was blessed
Just one more life, just one more
This time I rushed through the tunnel
Into my house, into the hearts of mine own
To cleanse the sewage I had created
To erase the carbon footprints....





Comments