Ugly feet..

I have always been ashamed of my ugly feet. I became aware of my feet after reading novels of queens and heroines of the past. Slender feet, slim ankles, pretty toes and toenail... I would compare them with mine- broad feet, stubby toes, discoloured toenails and after a stint of 10 years in Assam, I developed extreme dryness too. So cracked toes and skin peeling off also added to my woes.
Every time I went to buy sandals, I had to forego the pretty ones and settle for solid shapes and colours so as to hide most parts of the feet.

And yes I have a spouse who loves my feet. I am still surprised and shocked tho". He finds them cute and says they bring a smile.. I laugh out loud whenever I hear this and often comforted myself that he was just being nice.

On Sunday evening as I walked around the deity,in the temple, I glanced at my feet. A sudden flash of insight and I tottered. I was amazed at myself. How could I deride my feet? They have borne my weight which is definitely above BMI. They have taken me to so many places, across sand, gravel, hot stone, mountains and flat road. I have trekked, climbed, cycled and they have never climbed. In fact i used to feel proud when my thick soles would make me glide when others would go ooh aaahh as their feet touched various surfaces.

I felt grossly ashamed. I thanked the lord for having given me two good legs and normal feet. I vowed then, never to complain.




Comments