Fitbit transformation


My son and daughter in law gifted me a unique gadget called Fitbit. This is the latest craze among the fitness crazy. Now I have never been an active member of such a group.

This is a black band- comes on two sizes in the pack. It is synced with the fitbit app on our smartphone.  It measures the number of steps , distance , calories done in a day. It also records the quality of our sleep.

Once you add other fitbit members then you are sucked into a whirlwind of competitive fitness! There you go... Just when you are smug that you have walked 9000 odd steps your friend would have clocked a 4000 more. Whoosh goes down the ego and ups your reality check too.

So you can't fool yourself.. Rather we can't just rationalize or generalize !!!
Now are you loving it? The best is yet to come.
What this black band does is it has transformed my way of thinking. The waking thought is," how much can I walk today, how can I avoid the car "

This is the magic. Earlier I had excuse to travel by car. Now I wam looking for excuses to walk!' I am using the public transport a little more. Lessening my carbon footprint!!
Also you are not just competing with others - yes it definitely keeps you going. You are competing with your own score...

So there you go - have a fitbit...

Comments