Where is the India where Freedom of speech is my birthright??

Are our politicians waking up to the Internet only of late? It is strange, amusing and scary.. Twitter posts and Facebook statuses are landing people in jail!!
Is this really my country where freedom of speech is my birthright? Earlier books and movies were targeted by politicians. So it is of no surprise that they have turned to the Internet as its reach is global.

But are they so insecure? Why are they taking it so personal ? Somebody commented that maybe they are not educated.. Ah that is not the case as educated politicians are responding in the same manner.

Or are they so scared of truth?
Very soon the jails would overflow. I am wondering if I should study for law and become a lawyer as there would be plenty of cases to work on!!

Comments