Am I from Space?

The other day a lady ( some years younger to me ) refused to answer my calls or messages. I was actually wondering why she was not answering me though I had mentioned that it was urgent. I soon got to know that she could not talk to me if her spouse was at home. It also reminded me ironically that she had pointed out sometime back that her spouse did not like her talking to me!! I laughed aloud. Even in today's age a man can control his woman and control whom she should speak to or not!! The woman also acquiesces!! Now this man's reaction was familiar. I have had such comments coming from quite a few women friends in the past. Though then the scapegoats were their parents. My friend's parents felt that if their girls cut their hair or wore a modern outfit  it was because of my influence!!What is it about me that  they fear?? That their women would become bolder, smarter??That they would become independent/ voracious readers/ eloquent speakers/poets??
I never bother to correct their impression. To each their own!!
Meanwhile I have the last laugh as their insecurities come to the fore!

Comments