I met the PERSON who gave me the BEST GIFT- books! If I have tavelled into unknown realms and visited Atlantis and live in Utopia its all because of this uncle. Today if my son says he is reading books on management its because of this uncle. Today if I am kindling the passion for reading among the youth its because of this uncle. 
After years I visited him for he said he was dying. With trepidation I entered his home and to my utter surprise he was as charming and witty as ever, so full of beans!!!!!!!! 
He wanted a peg of rum and when I asked him why he should drink in the present condition. With a twinkle in his eye he told me,'give me one good reason why I should not? You are here and I have to celebrate!'
This is a person with Parkinsons disease, severe arthiritis, cataract and a host of problems!! 
He gave me the best gift when I was small, my FIRST BOOK and so many more.
Today he taught me a valuable lesson- LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST, CELEBERATE LIFE!!

Comments