Cover your mouth when you yawn- please!

 

Every time I walk into a room of people- young / old, it is getting more and more difficult to see a person cover one's mouth while yawning. 

I wonder why this etiquette is not taught from kindergarten. It is good manners to cover one's mouth while yawning.

1. Yawning is contagious 😅 

2.  You are exposing your teeth, gums and tongue which aren't a pretty sight and most probably not smelling of flowers (sic)

3. You do not present a pretty/handsome sight when you don't cover your mouth while yawning.

There can be other reasons but why ponder or debate when it is just about good manners.

I picked it up early during my school years. My teachers would constantly remind us. It is so ingrained into me that I now take up the mantle of passing the info to whomever I come across.

Sorry folks do cover up!😀

Comments