Taking ownership -my domestic help's story

 Kuppu came to our house when she was abandoned by her husband. She had made it to the city with her father and her one year old son. She stayed on to work for us for more than two decades. A keen observer she learnt various chores and tasks easily. She took on new tasks cheerfully and happily welcomed guests into our home.She tinkered with gadgets and got them to work too. 

My father helped her to open a bank account and she meticulously saved pennies. Being ambitious she groomed her son well. He is now an engineer working at the BMW factory. So she has now left work and lives with her son. Once in a year she comes to stay with us. She takes over the house and it is smooth sailing thereafter. I obviously do not have to lift a finger. She pampers us thoroughly. I am grateful for this.

As I watched her clean the house, it dawned on me that she took pride and ownership of whatever task she was entrusted with. This sets her apart from others. 

Comments