Sunset, full moon and musings

While travelling by the metro rail (within my city Chennai) I was awestruck at the setting sun. Such a perfect circle of pink and orange. A cloud drifted past the sun casting its black shadow. Did the shadow resemble castle or mountains? Two giggling teens commented on how the cloud had marred the beauty of the sun. They went back to their chatter. A young mother sat focussed on her toddler unmindful of the sun. A tired executive sat with his bulging laptop bag and a bigger tummy bulge. A senior citizen sat gazing listlessly.
My hands automatically went to my cell to capture the sun. I looked through the lens. How bleak the sun looked. I looked again outside the lens. How beautiful.
I remembered my son teasingly quipping ,' mom just enjoy the moment; you take such random pics which i am sure you do not bother to even glimpse later'. I resisted taking the pic and enjoyed the scenery which lasted for a few minutes more.

In the evening as I walked I noticed the almost full moon. I am always amazed when I see these beauties of nature. So common yet so wonderful. I also noticed the sea of humanity walking past me with their heads bowed - not in reverence but at their cell phones. Trevor Noah's comedy on devolution of man+ emojis+cell usage came to my mind. I smiled to myself. I did not judge. I just enjoyed the moon in its full glory.


Comments