Temple vs Club


It is the Indian month Chithirai. On Sunday 29th happened to be the Consecration anniversary of Lord Ayyappa. My dad’s memory drives me to the temple. 
As a young girl I used to enjoy accompanying my father to the temple. We would walk from home. It was also the time to indulge in our little chats. I loved to listen to his stories. 
My father made sure that I became a life member in the temple. He was a devout man. 
As I grew older life circumstances made me question the Almighty and His ways. I am a believer but my journey to being a faithful is long and arduous. I am still on the journey. 
This Sunday I witnessed a few rituals exclusively. I stood in front of the idol and tears ran down remembering my father. I remember how I had debated with him on the temple membership. I asked him why why why. Why not a membership in one of the prestigious clubs? His answer was simple. 
He remarked that he enjoyed coming home to spend time with family than spending time at a club. 

A simple yet so strong a message. I am just thankful I had moments with him in plenty. 

Comments