Indian parent vs Western Parent

Scene 1 at the park
Indian mom to child of 6 years: Go and play. I will come back in one hour's time to pick you up.
Child goes to play.
Mom returns... searches... irritated... finds child
Mom: You crack pot (loosu in tamil), you nutcase (saavucracki in tamil) it took me so long to find you. I told you.. (hits on his head).
Child- mom you did not tell me where you will wait. And I do not have a watch.
Mom- you nut case. come home. I will give you more.....
Child in turn to his older sister who is now taunting him- you crack pot of a sister.... (eyes roll)

Scene 2
Western alias American/European (foreigner) Parent
Mom: Sweetie the time is 5 now. Check your watch. Ya good. I shall pick you up at 6 ok. Come right here to this statue.

After an hour mom returns. Child is waiting at the designated place
Mom: Hey, did you have a good time? Hope you were ok while I was away.
Child and mom go away discussing stuff in a friendly manner.

So what went wrong in Scene 1 ? Basic communication; specificity of direction and use of wrong language.
I guess you have understood. Simple yet so powerful communication is. And we wonder how we go wrong, where our children pick up the 'language'.

Comments