Dear Dad I miss you...

This morning as I entered the temple gate to attend a Members meeting my heart burst forth with emotion. This is a temple in my neighbourhood  where my father would take me along. Being a life member of this temple, he made me a life member too.
As I drove towards the temple, I recollected holding my dad's hand ,crossing the road and walking briskly alongside him. He would recount his life stories and I would listen enthralled. There have been times when I resisted going along with him too.
Today watching my son cradle his daughter made me reminisce about my father. My mom recounted the lengths dad would go to put me to sleep or to stop me from screaming and bringing down the neighbourhood.

Just then I received a message that the Annual General Body meeting at the temple would commence in a n hour. Spurred by the memories I decided to go. 

I entered the auditorium and was greeted by my father's contemporaries. My eyes welled with tears and I was choked with emotion. How I missed my dad. I was then just glad that I was there. My father would have been happy.

I am thankful that I got to spend most of my past years with him. He dared me to question, he dared me to read, he dared me to live. This is the legacy I have inherited. With a snap of his fingers and the throw of a towel on his shoulder he would fire me up. 

I miss you dad.



Comments