A solitary trip

I am glad I took the trip on my own. It wasn't meant to be. Lot of learnings -

1. If it is not a definite YES then it is a no. During the planning stage in my enthusiasm I organised the complete journey for a group. Peer pressure does not stop with adolescence. Group dynamics is interesting to watch and painful sometimes. One drops out and like a pack of card the group dissolves. Before we say a Yes let us be sure. A whole lot of time and effort goes into planning hence it is very essential that we are sure of our participation.

2. Commitment- staying committed to your decision requires grit

3.  Being comfortable with oneself- this is a big eye opener. Having fun or enjoyment is relative.

Learning to enjoy one's own company. I used to wonder how people could go on a trip alone. It makes a lot of sense. We need not depend on others moods or whims and fancies. It is so so simple and easy to please oneself compare to being in a group and catering to others comforts or sacrificing one's whims for others's sake.
Mindfulness comes naturally.being thoughtful of oneself is an enriching experience

Comments