I am numb with shock...( on the Teacher's murder in Chennai)

In the land of Ekalavya sacrificing a finger for his guru, it WAS SHOCKING TO HEAR AND READ ABOUT THE GRUESOME 'Guru Hatya' committed by a 15 year old in my city! In Chennai???Reason : his teacher had written remarks about his failure to his parents.

So many questions run through my mind. I have been teaching for the last 21 years and I cannot imagine such a heinous ac being committed. I look back into history and mythology.. I am yet to come across a 'guru hatya'.

I shudder, I tremble, I shiver!!!

My condolences to both the families- to that of the teacher's and the student's !!
The parents must be questioning and brooding over the way they have brought up the boy..

The teacher's family is worse affected- 2 girls rendered motherless, a husband left wife-less and parents have lost their daughter What is believed to be a safe profession for women will now take a turn.

A boy who used to get Rs.100 a day as pocket money signifies that he is a spoilt brat. A boy who is self centred. But is he to blame? The blame lies squarely on the parents.. I wonder about his early development. Was his relationship with his mother a healthy one? Was the relationship between his parents normal, giving respect to each other?

How is female gender looked upon n his family? So many questions..

I wish to go back to my childhood days where I have been spanked for mischief at home and punished at school. But never have I thought of committing suicide or murdering anyone!!!

Each of my student is like my own. I pride myself to be the second mother to thousands of students. But are my students thinking so?

My father would say that where there is love there would be strictness because you do not want your loved ones going astray.

Does not the lover reprimand his love if he or she is on the wrong? does not the doctor reprimand the patient for not taking the right medication? does not the wife reprimand the husband for smoking/drinking? Does not your friend reprimand if you do something wrong? We do not reprimand strangers!!!

I could ramble on but my heart is HEAVY..




Comments