Airatheeshwarar Trip

In a small village on Trichy -Tanjore route
Stands an ancient temple
So proud and divine
Dedicated to Shiva and Alankari Amman.
Flows beside it the quiet Kaveri
While the fields are ripe for harvest
Nandi sits deep in the womb
Nonchalantly waiting for whispers
'Abhishekams' flowed from milk to honey
The gods were appeased
So was I
For I haven't had such a peaceful dialogue with god
In years that have passed!!


I had been on a road trip to this little village called, 'Nemam' on the Trichy-Tanjore route. It was so wonderful to see the river Kaveri flow tho' she was quite sluggish. The grand anaicut built thousands of years ago by Karikala Cholan is FASCINATING.
I also stayed in an agraharam, in a house built in 1865. Somehow I had a restless sleep. The agraharam transported me to years yonder when the caste system would have been barbaric!!!




Comments