Each day

 brings with it such interesting incidents, some positive some negative!!

Today I remarked to my colleague( excitedly) that tonight is Obama's swearing-in ceremony. My, my what an unexpected backlash I received. She was furious that everyone was making a big hullabaloo about it. She wonderd what was so special about the event and so on. She said that we Indians are so fascinated with what is happening in the United States! 
Very calmly I said that he is a very positive person and well after all we are Social Science teachers so any event is history! And what is wrong if we have to look up to someone or some place if we are gong to learn something. I have always admired the freesom of expression enjoyed by the Americans. 
Since 1947 not a single leader in our country, save Dr.A.P.J Abdul Kalam, has evoked pride in our hearts. If we need any inspirational quote we borrow from either Kennedy/ Lincoln/ Martin Luther King jr!! And now with just 3 words Obama has once again rocked the world of quotes-- YES WE CAN.. how powerful theses words are.

Well, each one is entitled to his/her opinion and that's what keeps the world going!! People are so interesting!!

Comments